Creating an affiliate program for your online course can make a huge difference in your sales, but there are important things to consider. Being ready to start an affiliate program has prompted me to ask for a lot of advice from creators whose values align with mine. Do you want to know what they told me? Join me for this episode to learn more!
- My explanation of the basics of an affiliate program and how it works
- 5 things successful creators told me to think about:
- Start with a small group of beta testers and get their valuable feedback. (I’m starting with a group of four people.)
- Establish your affiliate’s tax status from the start. (You’ll need to fill out the proper forms.)
- Set up auto payouts and refunds. (Take advantage of systems that make these processes easier. We use Kartra.)
- Think of your course as a way to build a “microphone” for your student, their message, and their social media/email marketing. (This makes it easier to bring in affiliate income.)
- Consider the 80/20 principle. The top 80-90% of your sales will come from the top 20% of your affiliates. (Ask, “What can I create to fuel the top 20% of my affiliates?”)
Want to launch your online course?
Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists
Looking to launch a successful podcast?
Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists