In today’s busy online world, virtual presentations are everything in how you are received AND perceived. If you put forth the effort to create an online course, webinar, or speaking engagement, you want to show up authentically and masterfully to engage your audience. This is an important area in which there is always room for improvement! My guest today is a proven expert in virtual presentation, and she’s here to share her knowledge with us. Join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest
Lorraine K. Lee
Lorraine Lee is a top career and business virtual keynote speaker who has been featured in several publications and on podcasts with numerous accomplishments and awards throughout her career. She has worked in several editorial roles at LinkedIn and Prezi and has built a LinkedIn following of over 300,000, so she is very much immersed in the world of virtual presentations and online learning. She is the perfect person to help us understand more about improving our virtual presentations.
- How virtual presentations give you access to a wider audience and help you stand out in your expertise
- Why the entertainment factor of virtual presentations cannot be ignored
- Examples of different types of virtual presentations
- Lorraine’s tips for improving your virtual presentations:
- Add movement to your presentations and incorporate “state changes.”
- Curate your background with features that are calming, positive, personable, and professional.
- Include visuals on your screens to help people learn and remember. (90% of the information processed by our brains is visual!)
- Use eye contact to improve your connection to your audience.
- How to implement visuals like logos, color gradients, and simple info on your screen
- How to use artwork, photos, and personal elements to cultivate a deeper connection
- How to set up your monitor, camera, laptop, etc. to maximize eye contact with your audience
- Lorraine’s tips for introverts in showing up better in visual presentations
- An overview of Lorraine’s expanding consulting business
Mentioned in this episode:
We'd LOVE To Partner With You!
➡️ Want to launch your online course? Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit ➡️ Looking to launch a successful podcast? Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/podcastingworkshop
Join the Newsletter!
It's at this point now trusted by over 2700 clinicians. And each week we share the latest podcast episode some of the writing that I'm doing on LinkedIn, with regard to my journey as a course creator and making this transition from psychologist and clinical practice to all mine creator and owner of an online business. And we also included a brand new section called on Mel's Mind where I break down a blog post or a video or something that's inspiring me to become a better person and a better business owner. If any of that sounds interesting and would love to have you sign up, you can sign up over at https://sellingthecouch.com/newsletter. Get the FREE A to Z Online Course Guide just for signing up today!
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!