325: 7 Ways That Shifting To A 4 Day Work Week Made Me A Better Entrepreneur
Today’s topic is inspired by a Twitter thread I wrote about a life-changing event in our family when our daughter began preschool recently. Since she was born prematurely, going through the NICU experience four years ago coupled with the demands of entrepreneurship brought me to the realization that things had to change. The season of life that was one of the hardest things became the best thing to help me reevaluate and realign my life and goals. As much as I love my work, I wanted my life to be about much more than my work. Join me to learn how shifting my work week has made me a better entrepreneur, husband, father, and person.
- Business becomes more complicated with more time.
- “You don’t have to suffer in order to succeed.”
- For any task, look to automate, delegate, eliminate, or systemize.
- There are more metrics than money.
- “Not everything that counts can be counted.”
- The time I’ve spent and the memories I’ve made with my daughter are priceless.
- Creativity time is essential.
- Time to explore and be curious should be an intentional part of the day/week.
- Giving your mind time for creativity and play will help you make better business decisions.
- Business doesn’t have all the answers.
- Work will not fulfill you in every aspect of life.
- “Don’t build your life around your business; build your business to support your life.”
- Simplicity is key.
- Concise communication is essential for people to understand you.
- “Be clear, not clever.”
- Seasons don’t last.
- Entrepreneurship is a roller coaster ride, but time will pass quickly.
- “Focus on the present and be grateful for now.”
- The courage of a child is inspiring.
- Be resilient like a child, and get back up when you fall down.
- “The only way to fail in building a business is by refusing to get back up.”
Mentioned in this episode:
You're Invited to Join the Mastermind!
Looking for a group of likeminded clinicians to help you grow your practice? You're in the right place. Check it out at https://sellingthecouch.com/mastermind.