“Will anyone listen to it? How can I grow my audience?” These are the questions that badger everyone who starts a podcast, and even though I am a veteran podcaster of several years, I know there is a lot of room to grow. The good news is that there are people who can help us learn by sharing their knowledge and experience. My guest today has answers to your biggest questions about growing and marketing your podcast. It’s easier than you think! Join us!
Our Featured Guest
Jeremy Enns is a podcast marketing strategist for scrappy brands, networks, and creators who are looking to punch above their weight. He has helped his clients generate over 50 million podcast downloads and millions of dollars in revenue. By working with many different podcasters, Jeremy has learned what works best in podcast growth, and he’s here to share his top tips for growing a podcast strategically and intentionally.
- Jeremy’s outlook on the fate of the podcasting industry–Is podcasting here to stay?
- Why people from different platforms are getting into podcasting to build long-term engagement
- Jeremy’s tips for beginning podcasters:
- Have realistic expectations. “The root of unhappiness is misaligned expectations.” Think of podcasting as a five-year plan for learning a new skill—and appreciate the intangibles.
- Think of marketing as just another way of creatively communicating ideas to help the people you want to serve. Find ways to make marketing fun for you.
- Use the writing methods that work best for you.
- Be an active participant in communities where you feel comfortable and always look for one-on-one conversation opportunities. “Go live in the world where your people already are.”
An overview of Jeremy’s upcoming workshop, The Minimalist Podcast Marketing Method, and his flagship course, Podcast Marketing Academy
Mentioned in this episode:
Sign up for the new online course workshop of a small launch to a $300K course at https://sellingthecouch.com/onlinecourseworkshop