326: Standing Out On Twitter-3 Lessons Learned From 0 to 200k Followers with Aadit Sheth
I still call myself a Twitter newbie because I haven’t been there for very long, but I’ve been honored to connect with amazing people holding full and varied skill sets. I’m chatting with one of them in today’s session, someone who has helped me learn what I was doing wrong on Twitter and how I can improve. If you need Twitter help, too, join us to learn more about standing out on Twitter!
Our Featured Guest
Aadit Sheth is a 21-year-old engineering student who started on Twitter only a couple of years ago. He has built a following of over 200,000 by focusing on the life optimization habits of top entrepreneurs. Aadit shares with us about Twitter threads and how they work to make this social media platform one of the top ways to network and stay current with technology, productivity, and business.
- How Aadit decided that Twitter would be his “place”
- How Aadit began by engaging with people he admired on Twitter and finding ways to provide value to them
- How to build strong connections through a “permission-less action” approach
- A basic understanding of Twitter threads vs. single tweets
- Aadit’s best tips for writing threads and hooks on Twitter–”80% of the performance of a thread is driven by the hook.”
- Why you should identify the emotion you want to evoke and the purpose of your thread hook (i.e. counterintuitive, suspenseful, successes, novelty)
- An example of a thread idea in a specific niche for mental health providers
- How to use templates to help find a balance between perfectionism and spontaneity in writing Twitter threads
- How to combat the crippling pressure to write the perfect Twitter thread by repurposing your content
- An overview of Aadit’s work, including the Maker’s Mark agency and course on audience building for creators and founders
Mentioned in this episode:
Need Community Support? Join the Mastermind
If you are a seasoned therapist, and you are wanting to move from clinical to online course income, we actually have a specific mastermind for therapists who are doing this. We meet together to build and grow and scale our online courses. You can learn more about that mastermind over at https://sellingthecouch.com/mastermind.
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!