Today’s topic is a fascinating one for me. As therapists, we are wired for stories, but telling an effective story online is a struggle for many of us. Fortunately for us, my guest has wisdom and tips to share to help us become awesome storytellers. Join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest
Kieran Drew lives in Leeds, England, and is my writing coach for Twitter. In an interesting career twist, he was a dentist who left behind his stressful, work-filled life to become a copywriter/storyteller. My first connection to Kieran came through the viral story he wrote about his unique medical experiences as a teenager. He is a talented storyteller who has helped my writing immensely, and I know his insights will be helpful to anyone looking to improve their writing.
- Why Kieran made the unconventional transition from dentist to copywriter/storyteller
- An overview of Kieran’s spinal issues involving a tumor, surgeries, and titanium rods—this is the experience that helped him discover storytelling and a new love for life
- 3 tips to become a better storyteller:
- Make a story bank by writing down everything that happens to you with specific details.
- Cut through the noise to impart a lesson.
- Even in sales, start every point with a story.
- How specific details make your stories more impactful
- How to draw a “lesson” from each story
- How storytelling breaks down skepticism and improves your selling ability
- How storytelling can be your differentiator in the online world
- A storytelling template: what happened/the lesson, why people should care, and a call to action
- How Kieran reviews his story bank to choose his next story
Mentioned in this episode:
We'd Like to Thank Today's Sponsor
Just because you own a private practice, it doesn't mean you magically know how to run a successful, sustainable solo or group practice. There's a lot of nuts and bolts to getting great outcomes and a stellar income. And the truth is, when your business isn't working properly it WILL impact your joy, energy, and your clinical outcomes. You need a rock solid plan that is actionable, measurable and doable! On Sept. 19-22, Kelly and Miranda from zynnyme are hosting a free training on how to create a business plan in less than one hour. This live series contains a specialized training for each phase of practice from starting a counseling practice or growing a private practice to loving your successful practice, and transforming your group practice. Check out their free Private Practice Masterclass where they'll be diving into the core issues that keep even full practice owners from being truly profitable and protected from burnout. While you're there, you can also join the interest list for their Business School for Therapists - an all-in-one resource for growing, revamping, or launching your sustainable, impactful solo or group practice. Business School for Therapists has the perfect blend of personalized support, ready to go content when you need it, and an amazing community all over the world.