Today’s topic is a fascinating one for me. As therapists, we are wired for stories, but telling an effective story online is a struggle for many of us. Fortunately for us, my guest has wisdom and tips to share to help us become awesome storytellers. Join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest
Kieran Drew lives in Leeds, England, and is my writing coach for Twitter. In an interesting career twist, he was a dentist who left behind his stressful, work-filled life to become a copywriter/storyteller. My first connection to Kieran came through the viral story he wrote about his unique medical experiences as a teenager. He is a talented storyteller who has helped my writing immensely, and I know his insights will be helpful to anyone looking to improve their writing.
- Why Kieran made the unconventional transition from dentist to copywriter/storyteller
- An overview of Kieran’s spinal issues involving a tumor, surgeries, and titanium rods—this is the experience that helped him discover storytelling and a new love for life
- 3 tips to become a better storyteller:
- Make a story bank by writing down everything that happens to you with specific details.
- Cut through the noise to impart a lesson.
- Even in sales, start every point with a story.
- How specific details make your stories more impactful
- How to draw a “lesson” from each story
- How storytelling breaks down skepticism and improves your selling ability
- How storytelling can be your differentiator in the online world
- A storytelling template: what happened/the lesson, why people should care, and a call to action
- How Kieran reviews his story bank to choose his next story
Mentioned in this episode:
We'd LOVE To Partner With You!
➡️ Want to launch your online course? Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit ➡️ Looking to launch a successful podcast? Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/podcastingworkshop
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!