So much of what we do as clinicians revolves around leadership, even though we may not be comfortable thinking of ourselves that way. If we are truly leaders in what we do, it makes sense to learn all we can about making ourselves the best leaders possible. The world needs good leaders! Join us as we discuss all things leadership development in today’s show
Our Featured Guest
Jevin Koleth is a leadership coach who happens to be a childhood friend of mine. He has vast experience in what it means to be a leader through his time as a regional manager for a major healthcare system in Texas. I want you to hear Jevin’s insights about why leadership needs to be developed first at the individual level before implementing the more popular team approach. We also dive into how leadership has changed as a result of the pandemic, and we wrap up with personal and real-life experiences from Jevin that can help you in your growth as a leader.
- Why effective leadership development has to begin at the individual level with a solid foundation
- The first steps in an individualized approach to leadership training:
- Identify the person’s personal purpose and mission
- Identify the person’s barriers to being their best self
- How Jevin becomes an accountability coach in helping people develop long-term habits
- Why the mass team approach to leadership training needs to FOLLOW after the foundational individual approach
- Why it’s good to develop one’s self as a leader to be the best version of yourself
- How an impactful leader will come across with consistency
- How leadership has changed during the pandemic in the three areas of remote leadership, interpersonal skills, and team culture
- Jevin’s pearls of wisdom about going back to work in the office
- Why a leader’s goal should be positive outcomes from difficult conversations
- Highlights of Jevin’s current work as a leadership coach
Want to launch your online course?
Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists
Looking to launch a successful podcast?
Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists.