The pandemic has dramatically shifted and shaped the world of therapy, and it’s prompted all of us to take a close look at our work and how we can do it best. We have learned that we, as therapists, can deploy our unique skill set in different realms than we originally planned, such as moving from the therapy room to bringing in online course income. This transition brings a struggle that is common to many clinicians, and it causes a tremendous amount of fear and imposter syndrome. Join us for this open and honest conversation.
Our Featured Guest
Mineela Chand is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Wayne, PA. Besides being a corporate leadership coach and a certified brain spotting therapist who also has a divinity degree, she is a dear friend and colleague of several years. Since 2022, I have done monthly brain spotting sessions with Mineela, which I’ve found to be extremely beneficial. In today’s session, we are discussing the three biggest roadblocks in going from clinical to online course income. Mineela has worked with a lot of therapists and online course creators, and she uses her background and experience to walk us through the mindset shifts in this transition.
- How we can focus on our unique skills as therapists instead of the “role” we take on
- Why the caring and helping professions are difficult to transition from–and leave us feeling guilty for wanting to do something else
- The three mindset roadblocks in the transition away from therapy to online course income:
- Visibility--How am I going to be seen?
- Ability–Can I do this?
- Stability–Will I have the finances to make it work?
- Why doing our work outside the privacy of the therapy room takes us outside our comfort zone
- How our personal trauma keeps us from showing up with a new level of visibility
- How Mineela handled “the fear monster” when it showed up for her
- How it helps to “create a bridge” between what you read/learn and what you DO (Mineela explains how to create a bridge between what you know about therapy and what you want to do with an online course.)
Mentioned in this episode:
Join the Newsletter!
It's at this point now trusted by over 2700 clinicians. And each week we share the latest podcast episode some of the writing that I'm doing on LinkedIn, with regard to my journey as a course creator and making this transition from psychologist and clinical practice to all mine creator and owner of an online business. And we also included a brand new section called on Mel's Mind where I break down a blog post or a video or something that's inspiring me to become a better person and a better business owner. If any of that sounds interesting and would love to have you sign up, you can sign up over at https://sellingthecouch.com/newsletter. Get the FREE A to Z Online Course Guide just for signing up today!
We'd LOVE To Partner With You!
➡️ Want to launch your online course? Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit ➡️ Looking to launch a successful podcast? Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/podcastingworkshop
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!