Today’s solo episode is the second in a two-part series about the lessons I’ve learned as a course creator. I launched The Healthcasters course back in 2015, and it recently passed the $300K revenue mark. Those results are far more than I could have ever imagined, and as I’ve reflected, I realize that I have learned a lot through this journey. I hope some of my lessons learned will be helpful for you! Join me for today’s session where I’ll cover #6-10 of my top ten lessons learned.
Lessons learned as a course creator (#6-10)
- Social media marketing can be intimidating. Focusing on webinars makes more sense in many ways.
- Webinars magnify your strengths as a teacher.
- Webinars make it easy for viewers to sign up for your course.
- Webinars can be evergreen, and you can sprinkle in live ones whenever you want. (EasyWebinar makes the process simple. Check it out at www.sellingthecouch.com/easywebinar.)
- In webinars, focus on sharing your story, your WHY, and your expertise.
- “Low prices attract tire-kickers.”
- A higher price will make you want to over-deliver to your students.
- A higher price limits impulse buyers and attracts more of the students you want.
- Charging a higher price allows you to reinvest more money into better quality gear for the future.
- Don’t compete on price.
- Offering discounts and lower prices will affect the quality of your students.
- Consider offering time-limited bonuses, like a group coaching call, video series, etc., rather than offering discounts.
- Have an easy way to gather testimonials. (Check out testimonial.to at www.sellingthecouch.com/testimonial.)
- Students can choose a video or text testimonial about their experience.
- Separate your course success from your self-worth.
- Your course isn’t who you are, but it’s just one thing you do.
- Don’t compare your course success to someone else’s. “Comparison is poison.”
You can check out all of my 10 Lessons Learned (with video!) in my Twitter thread!
Mentioned in this episode:
Ready to create your own course? Download the FREE Online Course Guide!
Learn how to create and market your own online course in Melvin's unique online course guide. Download the FREE online course guide today!