When I was a first-time course creator in 2015, I was excited and scared at the same time. The tension around building fast or building thoughtfully was difficult to navigate. In today’s session, I’m discussing three important questions that I wish I had asked myself back then.
3 questions to ask before launching your online course:
Do I want a “strip mall or a skyscraper”? (This concept comes from a session with Nathan Barry of ConvertKit and Jay Klaus of Creator Science.)
- Both models require energy in different ways, and both have several benefits and challenges.
- The key question to ask: What do I want to optimize for?
- Why I have gone from a strip mall to a skyscraper mode
Where should I focus my marketing?
- Focus on one platform at a time.
- Remember that it takes time to build trust and rapport.
How can I validate my online course?
- The secret is to validate with paying students each step of the way.
- Take a long-term view and grow slowly with care, intention, and thoughtfulness.
Want to launch your online course?
Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit
Looking to launch a successful podcast?
Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists:
Mentioned in this episode:
We'd LOVE To Partner With You!
➡️ Want to launch your online course? Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit ➡️ Looking to launch a successful podcast? Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/podcastingworkshop
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!