Many of us find the concept of networking to be an intimidating endeavor. Even though it’s a vital element of business success, it can feel scary and shady and a little too sales-y. Join us to learn more about what you should be focusing on in your networking relationships.
Our Featured Guest
Patrick Casale, MA, LCMHC, LCAS
Patrick Casale is a clinician in Asheville, NC. He provides coaching for clinicians who are transitioning from a group practice or agency to a solo practice. He’s here to talk about networking in authentic ways. We’ll discuss what authentic networking means to Patrick and how to make your networking relationships count. We will also examine different scenarios that might be a win-loss situation, a win-win situation, and the most common mistakes that happen in the networking space.
● How clinicians aren’t taught to use collaborative communication to support each other’s businesses in reciprocal ways
● What is networking? Getting to know people as people and learning about their lives and passions
● Why networking can feel artificial, very “surface level,” and inauthentic
● Some authentic questions to ask in networking situations include questions about family, passions, how they ended up here, fears of entrepreneurship, etc.
● How to have reciprocity in relationships by making the other person the priority and supporting them
● Why you should ask, “How can I help this person be successful? And not, how can this person help me?”
● Why Patrick says, “A lot of networking opportunities feel like awkward first dates.”
● Why a win-lose scenario would be talking too much about yourself and not listening actively; a win-win scenario means talking and getting to know each other with connection and trust
● The most common mistakes in networking:
○ Not having clear strategy and intention
○ Scheduling too many networking events in one day
○ Making networking one-sided in your requests
● Why your networking strategy should include colleagues who don’t work with the same client population, those who do work with the same , and client groups, and psychiatric providers
● The best action step for you to take in applying the wisdom of today’s episode
Today's Podcast Sponsor: Online Course School
Online Course School: I know that many of us want to launch a successful online course whether it's to diversify our income or share our knowledge and serve others on larger levels.
But I also know that the thought of launching an online course can be super intimidating whether it's the tech, the fear that no one will buy, or figuring out how to market and scale it in an honest and ethical way.
I launched the Healthcasters online course back in 2015 and have learned A TON of lessons from the very first $297 sale to a course that will pass $200k in earnings this year (and currently brings in over $3k/month in recurring income).
Online Course School is a live, 6 week experience we're launching in 2022 where we'll spend each week learning and implementing.
It's a great chance to work with me and to join with other helpers/healers who are also launching online courses.
Seats are going to be extremely limited (just so that I can give you personalized attention), and the cost will be around $997.
Please feel free to download the FREE A to Z Online Course Guide if this is something you would LOVE support with, and I'll email you when we're live.
RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOUR BUSINESS JOURNEY
Disclosures: Please note that all opinions are my own and based on my personal experience. Sponsors are acknowledged. Some links in the description are affiliate links where if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I use these funds to continue to create helpful content to serve our field. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
MY FREE ONLINE WORKSHOPS (These can be watched at a date/time that works for you):
MY FREE GUIDES:
🎧 The Healthcasters (A podcasting course + community for helpers/healers):
💻 Online Course School (A course to create, sell, and grow a successful online course): COMING IN 2022 (please feel free to download the online guide course above and I can keep you updated as I'm trying to build this with ample input and care including a chance to work 1 on 1 with me!):
MY FAVORITE SOFTWARE:
🧳 My Podcast Hosting Platform (Captivate-Includes 7 Day Free Trial):
🚀 My All In One Online Business Platform (Kartra-Includes 14 Day Free Trial):
🤖 What I Use For Evergreen Webinars (Easy Webinar)
🌐 My Website Host (SiteGround-Includes Discount)
🎨 My WebSite Theme (Divi)
MY FAVORITE GEAR:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE STC PODCAST:
Since 2015, I've hosted a weekly podcast for aspiring and current mental health private practitioners who think differently.
On the podcast, I interview successful therapists in private practice and other business owners to help us grow our impact + income in and beyond the therapy room.
The podcast has been downloaded over 1.2 million times and is heard in over 140 countries.
You can find also it by searching “Selling The Couch” on any podcast app (eg: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify etc) or simply saying "Alexa, listen to Selling The Couch" on your Amazon device.
Or simply click below for ease =).
LET'S BE FRIENDS:
💌 Sign up to receive the free A To Z Online Course Guide + receive the weekly STC email newsletter (trusted by over 7k colleagues)
📸 Instagram (I mainly post "behind the scenes" stuff about my life and business)
WHO'S THIS GUY?
Hi. I'm Melvin. I'm a psychologist (PhD), entrepreneur, and online creator living in Philadelphia, PA.
In 2014, I began to think about how to use the therapy skills we learn in grad school, and in our clinical work into different realms (e.g., podcasting, consulting, online course creation, etc).
This allows us to serve others on larger scales while diversifying our income beyond 1 to 1 work.
I make podcasts and videos about business, tech, productivity, and lessons I'm learning from becoming the CEO of a lean, mean 5 person 100% remote team (we're not really mean..it just rhymed =P).