As I’ve learned and grown as an entrepreneur, I have tried to study and learn from those who are further along on the journey. I’ve come to understand that I can learn as much from their hard lessons and challenges as I can from their successes. Today’s session is based on a podcast interview I listened to a couple of months ago. It featured Ali Abdaal and Sahil Bloom, two online creators who have built 7-figure businesses and audiences of over 6 million followers. In their insightful interview done in two parts, they talked a lot about life and business; I’m sharing seven lessons I picked up from them that I’m implementing in my business and personal life.
- 7 Lessons I Learned from Ali and Sahil:
- Change the wealth scoreboard.
- Don’t define self-worth based on net worth.
- A new definition of success bases “wealth” on health, relationships, and the time I have for the things I enjoy.
- Set daily non-negotiables.
- Live with intention by identifying 3-5 things that must happen each day for me to be at my best.
- Friends over followers
- The quality of my relationships greatly impacts my health.
- Schedule time to connect with genuine friends.
- More growth equals more haters.
- Sharing my message attracts people with a lot of pain, so I should default to empathy.
- Don’t be a slave to social media.
- Be careful about posting pictures of kids and sharing revenue numbers.
- This is difficult to navigate while still establishing credibility and the human connection that people crave.
- Build micro-businesses.
- These can generate cash flow with minimal involvement.
- An example: having an in-house agency along with doing a podcast.
- Connection over mass content
- With AI, content is easier than ever to create, but connection and authenticity help others know, like, and trust me.
Visit https://sellingthecouch.com/upheal and enter the promo code “COUCH25” for a special 25% off a paid plan for the first 2 months just for STC fans.
Interested in becoming part of our affiliate program? Learn more at
Want to launch your online course?
Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit
Mentioned in this episode:
Need Community Support? Join the Mastermind
If you are a seasoned therapist, and you are wanting to move from clinical to online course income, we actually have a specific mastermind for therapists who are doing this. We meet together to build and grow and scale our online courses. You can learn more about that mastermind over at https://sellingthecouch.com/mastermind.
So you’ve probably heard that blogging is one of the best ways to attract your ideal clients as a therapist. But I know that it can be intimidating to SEO optimize your blog post so that it’s actually getting found by your current and future clients. Simplified SEO Consulting is team of mental health professionals genuinely want to help you attract more of your ideal clients using a proven on-page SEO process. Please visit https://sellingthecouch.com/simplifiedseo *Use the code “MELVIN” to get 20% off any of our online, DIY SEO courses and mention Melvin during your consultation for $100 off of your onboarding fee for Done-For-You SEO services!