330: How To Not Let Work Become Your Identity (Dan Cumberland)
Welcome to a brand new season of Selling the Couch! After an extended sabbatical of several months, it’s good to be back on STC with new, exciting shows. Today’s topic is one that we have all contemplated to some degree. I imagine that many coffee shop conversations and therapy sessions have included discussions around how we think about work and integrate our work into our post-pandemic lives. Join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest
Dan Cumberland is a creative, catalyst, and collaborator at The Meaning Movement. He created this blog and community to help people pursue a deeper meaning in what they do beyond simply earning a paycheck. From his personal experience, he knows what it’s like to sacrifice too much for work and face burnout and hopelessness. He is intensely passionate about helping others wrestle with the big questions around work, meaning, and purpose. In this conversation, Dan inspires us to find meaning without letting work become our identity, along with his top tips for finding a healthy balance between work and life.
- Why entrepreneurs are programmed to find meaning in their work through the areas of people, product, process, and profit
- Why pursuing your passion usually means sacrificing something else
- How Dan came to a watershed moment with his passion, The Meaning Movement
- Why entrepreneurship is a constant reimagining of yourself and your purpose
- Why there is never a clean line between who you are and what you do
- Dan’s top tips for finding a balance between work and life
- How to assess your happiness and satisfaction
- Info about Dan’s beta cohort assessment for finding balance in life
Connect with Dan:
Website and Burnout Assessment
Mentioned in this episode:
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!
Need Community Support? Join the Mastermind
If you are a seasoned therapist, and you are wanting to move from clinical to online course income, we actually have a specific mastermind for therapists who are doing this. We meet together to build and grow and scale our online courses. You can learn more about that mastermind over at https://sellingthecouch.com/mastermind.
Ready to create your own course? Download the FREE Online Course Guide!
Learn how to create and market your own online course in Melvin's unique online course guide. Download the FREE online course guide today!