Welcome to a brand new season of Selling the Couch! After an extended sabbatical of several months, it’s good to be back on STC with new, exciting shows. Today’s topic is one that we have all contemplated to some degree. I imagine that many coffee shop conversations and therapy sessions have included discussions around how we think about work and integrate our work into our post-pandemic lives. Join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest
Dan Cumberland is a creative, catalyst, and collaborator at The Meaning Movement. He created this blog and community to help people pursue a deeper meaning in what they do beyond simply earning a paycheck. From his personal experience, he knows what it’s like to sacrifice too much for work and face burnout and hopelessness. He is intensely passionate about helping others wrestle with the big questions around work, meaning, and purpose. In this conversation, Dan inspires us to find meaning without letting work become our identity, along with his top tips for finding a healthy balance between work and life.
- Why entrepreneurs are programmed to find meaning in their work through the areas of people, product, process, and profit
- Why pursuing your passion usually means sacrificing something else
- How Dan came to a watershed moment with his passion, The Meaning Movement
- Why entrepreneurship is a constant reimagining of yourself and your purpose
- Why there is never a clean line between who you are and what you do
- Dan’s top tips for finding a balance between work and life
- How to assess your happiness and satisfaction
- Info about Dan’s beta cohort assessment for finding balance in life
Connect with Dan:
Mentioned in this episode:
Struggling with documentation and progress notes? Meet Upheal.
A new AI- powered, HIPPA-compliant platform that creates automated session notes and analytics for busy mental health professionals. Whether online or in person, Upheal captures your sessions and creates pre-drafted progress notes and insights that you can simply review and edit. And, it even creates Treatment plans with SMART goals included! Visit https://sellingthecouch.com/upheal and enter the promo code “COUCH25” for a special 25% off a paid plan for the first 2 months just for STC fans.
We'd LOVE To Partner With You!
➡️ Want to launch your online course? Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit ➡️ Looking to launch a successful podcast? Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/podcastingworkshop
Ready to create your own course? Download the FREE Online Course Guide!
Learn how to create and market your own online course in Melvin's unique online course guide. Download the FREE online course guide today!