328: Mental Roadblocks Of Going From Clinician To Coach with Angela Williams, LCSW
Today’s topic is very relevant in our post-pandemic world. Many clinicians are left wondering if their best work lies in the clinical field or the coaching/consulting arena. I’ve felt this dilemma myself, pondering how to balance my interests, endeavors, and the evolution of family life. I realized that I couldn’t sustain multiple paths, and I made the hard decision to give up my clinical work.
If you are struggling along those same lines, I hope today’s show gives you insights, clarity, and encouragement. Join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest
Angela Williams, LCSW
Angela Williams is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Orlando, Florida. She has made the transition from clinician to coach, and she now works with other therapists who are making the same change in their lives. Angela shares her thoughts about why so many clinicians are leaving for the world of coaching, along with the biggest roadblocks that may come up on this path. She gives her best tips for overcoming those big roadblocks and recommends several books as helpful resources.
- Why so many therapists are becoming coaches
- How the therapy field, with its inherent regulations, contains many barriers to providing services to clients—and coaching is different
- The biggest mental roadblock for Angela in moving from clinician to coach
- Why each clinician feels like the “insecure expert” and has to intentionally build up their confidence
- Why it’s challenging to become an online, visible brand rather than a care provider
- What holds clinicians back the most and presents the biggest roadblocks
- How a mindset coach can help us rewrite our roadblocks into our success story
- How perfectionism, fear of failure, and standards of success can prevent us from taking action
- Why money blocks and financial literacy play into our beliefs about money
- Why the fear of success can be just as crippling as the fear of failure
- Books recommended by Angela: The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks, Get Rich, Lucky Bitch by Denise Duffield-Thomas, and You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
Mentioned in this episode:
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!
Need Community Support? Join the Mastermind
If you are a seasoned therapist, and you are wanting to move from clinical to online course income, we actually have a specific mastermind for therapists who are doing this. We meet together to build and grow and scale our online courses. You can learn more about that mastermind over at https://sellingthecouch.com/mastermind.