Hello! Welcome to a brand new season of STC that will take us through September and October before I take an extended sabbatical of several months. Today’s session is a fascinating conversation about considering the greater purpose of our businesses beyond merely generating income. How can our businesses be a vehicle for much, much more in the world? Let’s discuss this topic with today’s guest!
Our Featured Guest
Ariana Lloyd, LCSW
Ariana Lloyd is a licensed clinical social worker in Portland, Oregon. She runs eight-week live cohorts to help therapists coming into private practice set up their businesses in ways that are focused on personal growth, creativity, and social justice. In this conversation, we talk about the ways her business has been a means of personal growth and healing, along with how to offer programs with intentionality and meaningful service to clients. Ariana tells us how she exercises her creative muscles through her business, and we wrap up with ways to tackle social justice issues and advocacy with intention, care, and cultural humility.
- How Ariana’s business became a source of healing and personal growth
- How even the practical tasks in business-building can help heal past wounds
- How to find balance between personal healing and being of service to clients
- How Ariana has tapped into her creativity by offering her unique programs to clients
- What works best for Ariana in exercising her creativity muscles: writing and talking to a trusted friend when facing a new project
- Why clinicians have unique opportunities to step into leadership, advocacy, and empowerment for social justice issues
- How the business-building process can incorporate more radical values that address systemic change for social good
- Why Ariana offers free training on specific topics and donates to organizations doing good in the world
- How social justice applies to the sense of duty Ariana feels to help others
- An overview of Lloyd Collective offerings and the help offered to private practitioners
Mentioned in this episode: Barbara Love, author, and researcher
Connect with Ariana
Mentioned in this episode:
Sign up for the new online course workshop of a small launch to a $300K course at https://sellingthecouch.com/onlinecourseworkshop
Ready to create your own course? Download the FREE Online Course Guide!
Learn how to create and market your own online course in Melvin's unique online course guide. Download the FREE online course guide today!